08 May Why WordPress?
WHY WORDPRESS MIGHT BE THE BEST THING FOR YOUR BUSINESS’ WEBSITE!
One of the hardest things for small businesses is to get their name out there. And, a lot of the time… let’s get real… most of the time, you just don’t have just that… time! The Sales Garage knows this and feels your pain on this subject! So, how can we make things easier for you and your business? How about making things easier!
WordPress may just be the best answer to that problem. Why? I hired someone to do my website. Awesome, we hope that it was us! So, still why WordPress? Let’s break down the stats real quick.
- The Newest Version of WordPress has been downloaded 4.9 Million times.
- Over 31% of the internet is powered by WordPress
- 50,000 WordPress sites are being launched today!
- WordPress has a 60% market share in the CMS Market
- Over 409 Million people view a WordPress website each month
- There are over 19.6 Billion pages on WordPress
WELL, THAT’S ALL GOOD, BUT SO WHAT DOES THIS DO FOR MY BUSINESS?
Yeah, yeah, but WordPress is for just small businesses and can’t compete with the big boys. Well, not really! A number of Fortune 500 companies use WordPress. you may have heard of a few… Target, Best Buy, Microsoft (News Center), Sony Music, Walt Disney, Xerox and others making up 14.7% of the Top 100 Websites. But, it just isn’t secure since it is open sourced… hmmm… WordPress was used to control a missile guidance system (Dion Hulse, Lead Developer @ WordPress). I know, we all have one of those. But, I think you’re getting the point. And, WordPress blocked 40% of the DMCA takedown notices in 2016.
SO, BACK TO WHY IT WILL BE GOOD FOR SMALL BUSINESSES LIKE MINE.
So, back to why it will be good for small businesses like yours. WordPress likes to make things that seem really, really hard actually pretty easy. And, saves a lot of time. Remember that thing that you don’t have a lot of?! Examples… Like SEO, there’s a plugin for that (YOAST). Forms, yep, a plugin (ContactForm7). Spam filters? Yeah, gotcha covered (Akismet). Um, what about e-commerce sites? Do I have to have a huge budget to get one of those online, right? No! With simple plugins like WooCommerce, you can do it! Now, I’m not going to pretend that it is just a few clicks, so if you need help… The Sales Garage is here! But, all of those cost a fortune, right? Well, first, we don’t. But, as for the plugins… NO! Most of those listed are FREE to get you started and offer a pretty reasonable cost for the premium editions.
WORDPRESS… SO, HOW YA DOING?
So, how ya doing? Are you starting to see why WordPress may just be the best thing for your business’ website? Let’s break this down quick and easy…
- WordPress is easy to use
- WordPress is FREE and open-sourced code
- WordPress likes to play nice in the sandbox with other programs like Twitter, YouTube, and others.
- WordPress likes to play nice in the sandbox with SEO for Google (with plugins).
- WordPress is used by some pretty big companies, including The Sales Garage. Okay, okay… I had to!
- WordPress is pretty secure overall and is updated every 100 days or so.
Still, don’t have the time to do it by yourself? No problem. That’s why The Sales Garage is here and we’re ready to Get Started today! We like WordPress and have experience in working with it on a daily basis. So, give it a try and if you get stuck, The Sales Garage is here to help you every step of the way. Enjoy!